Dr. Liu’s research interests lie at the intersection of nanotechnology, interfacial and colloid science, and electrochemistry. His research aims to study fundamental interfacial phenomena to provide guidance for developing more efficient and cost-effective water treatment and resource recovery technologies. He is also interested in elucidating the health impacts of engineered and naturally occurring nanoparticles.
- B.E., Nanjing University, 2010
- M.E., Nanjing University, 2013
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, 2017
- Liu, X. T., Yan, C. X., Chen, K. L., Adsorption of Human Serum Albumin on Graphene Oxide: Implications for Protein Corona Formation and Conformation, Environmental Science and Technology, 2018, DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.8b03451
- Liu, X. T., Whitacre, F. J., Mauter, M. S., Mechanisms of Humic Acid Fouling on Capacitive and Insertion Electrodes for Electrochemical Desalination, Environmental Science and Technology, 2018, 52 (21), 12633–12641
- Liu, X. T.,* Interactions of Silver Nanoparticles Formed In Situ on AFM Tips with Supported Lipid Bilayers, Langmuir, 2018, 34 (36), 10774–10781 (*Corresponding author)
- Feng, Y. P.⊥; Liu, X. T.⊥; Huynh, K. A.; McCaffery, J. M.; Mao, L.; Gao, S. X.; Chen, K. L., Heteroaggregation of Graphene Oxide with Nanometer- and Micrometer-Sized Hematite Colloids: Influence on Nanohybrid Aggregation and Microparticle Sedimentation. Environmental Science and Technology, 2017, 51, 6821-6828. (⊥Equal Contribution)
- Liu, X. T. and Chen, K. L., Aggregation and Interactions of Chemical Mechanical Planarization Nanoparticles with Model Biological Membranes: Role of Phosphate Adsorption, Environmental Science: Nano, 2016, 3, 146−156.
- Liu, X. T. and Chen, K. L., Interactions of Graphene Oxide with Model Cell Membranes: Probing Nanoparticle Attachment and Lipid Bilayer Disruption, Langmuir, 2015, 31, 12076−12086.
- Liu, X. T.; Song, X. J.; Zhang, S. J.; Wang, M. S.; Pan, B. C., Non-Hydroxyl Radical Mediated Photochemical Processes for Dye Degradation. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2014, 16, 7571-7577.
- Liu, X. T.; Wang, M. S.; Zhang, S. J.; Pan, B. C., Application Potential of Carbon Nanotubes in Water Treatment: A review. Journal of Environmental Sciences,2013, 25, (7), 1263-1280.
- 2017 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students
- ACS C. Ellen Gonter Environmental Chemistry Award, 2017
- ACS Graduate Student Award in Environmental Chemistry, 2015
- Outstanding Graduates of Nanjing University, Nanjing University, 2010