The National Advisory Council meets regularly with the dean of the School of Engineering and Applied Science. Its members provide advice and resources to help enhance the educational programs and opportunities available to SEAS students.
Mr. Gennaro "Gene" Colabatistto is the current chair of the SEAS National Advisory Council.
Gene has more than 25 years of experience in the global defense industry and has held leadership positions in both the military and private sector. Prior to his current role, he served as president of defense and security at CAE, a global leader in immersive, integrated training systems, he manages more than 2,500 employees in 30 countries.
Previously, Gene held senior management positions at SAIC, Space Imaging, SPOT Image, and Veridian. Gene also served in the United States Marine Corps as representative for intelligence systems and satellite and airborne reconnaissance during Desert Storm. His career has been dedicated to the innovative application of space, airborne, and intelligence technologies to issues related to national security. Gene has been recognized by the Director of Central Intelligence, Director of the National Reconnaissance Office, Secretary of the Navy, and the Commandant of the Marine Corps for “Significant Intelligence Successes” and Meritorious Service. In 2015, he was recognized by GovCon Exec as one the Top 100 most influential executives in Washington.
Gene is a 1996 alumnus of GW with a Master of Science in electrical engineering. He received a Bachelor of Science in aerospace engineering and a Master of Science in systems management from University of Southern California.
Barbara Fleming is the current vice-chair of the SEAS National Advisory Council.
Barbara has more than 30 years of experience in Department of Defense (DoD) information technology. She recently retired as senior cybersecurity policy advisor for the DoD Chief Information Officer, where she helped shape the Department’s future direction in cyber defense. Earlier assignments with the Defense Information Systems Agency ranged from hands-on development of combat support systems to managing the acquisition of a large portfolio of cybersecurity capabilities. Ms. Fleming has a BS in applied mathematics and an MS in computer science from GW. She has been serving on the SEAS National Advisory Council since 2016 and was a member of the 2018 Women in Engineering Task Force that investigated best practices at top engineering schools.
- W. Scott Amey, MS ’75; Chairman of the Board, Amyx, Inc.
- Kevin Brown, MS '88 - Executive Vice President, Global Operations, & Chief Supply Chain Officer, Dell Technologies
- Gennaro "Gene" Colabatistto, MS ’96; President/CEO; General Aerospace Company (NAC Vice-Chair)
- Gregory Colevas, BS ’85; Division President, Mid-Atlantic Region, Clark Construction
- Terry Collins, D.Sc. ’76; Retired Chairman, CEO and President, Argon ST
- Anthony Cristillo, GWSB MS '03 - Senior Vice President, Health Information Systems
- Barbara Fleming, CCAS BS ’81, SEAS MS ’85; Former Senior Cyber Security Policy Advisor, Department of Defense
- Michael Fleming, MS ’82; Of Counsel, Irell & Manella LLP (Retired)
- Randy A. Graves, D.Sc. ’78; President, Graves Technologies, Inc.
- Aran Hegarty, MS ’97, President, Hegarty Research LLC (NAC Chair)
- Mo Hosseini, BS ’81, MS ’83; Division President and Chief Executive Officer of Clark Civil, Clark Construction Group, LLC
- Richard Ivey, MEA '89; Former WW VP R&D at BD Diagnostics
- Kevin Kelly, MS ’97; Board Of Directors Member, BlueCat; CEO, Arcfield
- Matthew Knouse, BA ’09, MS ’11; Global Manager, Open Source Intel Collection & Synthesis, Google Inc.
- Anirudh Kulkarni, BS ’86, MS ’88; Managing Principal & CEO, Customer Value Partners, Inc.
- Andrew Lacher, BS ’86, MS ’90; Director, Aerospace Systems Research Center, Noblis
- Simon Lee, MS ’05; Chairman of the Board & Executive Vice President for Corporate Development, DecisionPoint Corporation
- Ronald Luman, DSc '98; Chief of Staff, Applied Physics Laboratory, John Hopkins Univ.
- Mark Mykityshyn, Ph.D., Friend, Executive Chairman and CEO, Tangible Security, Inc.
- Nick Paleologos, BS ’69; Vice Chairman, Miller & Long Co., Inc.
- Sonia Schmitt, CCAS BS '94, SEAS MS '95 & DSc '02; Capture Executive, Intelligence & Space,
Raytheon Technologies (RTX)
- Mandisa Turner, BS ’00; Entrepreneur-In-Residence, Bionic
- Indrajeet Viswanathan, MS ’12; Director of Energy Management & Sustainability, Columbia University Medical Center
- Christopher Wiernicki, MS ’83, Chairman, President, & CEO; American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Tenisha “Ava” Williams, BS '13- CEO at Solution Consulting
- Brian Schmanske, DSc ’03; Program Manager, U.S. Government Accountability Office
NAC Emeritus Members
- Will Alexander, BS ’04, MBA ‘06; Senior Associate, JM Zell and Partners
- Manjit Bakshi, BS ’64
- Gary Baldwin, MS ’92
- Gary Bard, MS ’63
- Rick Barry, former faculty
- Gurminder Bedi, BS ’69; Retired Vice President, North American Truck, Ford Motor Company
- John Chino, D.Sc. ’86
- Nolan Danchik, BS ’64, MS ’68
- Elizabeth D'Andrea, DSc ’06; Retired Program Manager, Office of Naval Research
- Thomas Doherty, BS ’89, Managing Director: Asset-Backed Finance, Wells Fargo & Co.
- Ray Everett, Esq., JD ’97
- Carolyn Fritz, MS ’89
- Gulu Gambhir, MS ’92, DSc ’98; Director, Professional Services Aerospace & Satellite; Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Jon B. Halpern, NS '79; President, Jon B. Halpern and Associates, LLC
- John Holmblad, MS ’80, Graduate Certificate ’02, Founder and CEO, Acadia Secure Network
- Mark V. Hughes, III, BA'69, MS'77; Retired President, SAIC
- Douglas Humphrey, Friend
- Naeem Hussain, MS ’99; Entrepreneur and Management Consultant, Agile Trailblazers, LLC, Medzpeed Solutions & Elevertek LLC
- Dr. David C. Karlgaard, DSc'74; Director, Amyx, Inc.
- Shaun Kim, MS ’70
- Allyn Kilsheimer, BS ’63
- Sassan Kimiavi, D.Sc.- BS '85, MS '87, DSC '98; CEO, ALTA Development, LLC
- Ashok Kumar Jha, MS '92, CEO; ADNET Systems, Inc
- Dov Levy, MS ’83; Co-founder and Principal of The Eldov Group, LLC
- Elma Levy, Friend, Co-founder and Principal of The Eldov Group, LLC
- Patrick Marolda, MS ’86; Chief Operating Officer, Rolls-Royce. Defence Division (Retired)
- Jim McDowell, MEA ’73
- Asghar Mostafa, BS ’81, MS ’82; President and CEO, Rubriq Corporation
- Heather Nicholas, MS ’98
- John O’Brien, MEA ’78
- Cagatay Ozdogru, MS ’91
- Richard Reich, MS ’76, Retired Executive, Phillips Lifeline Systems
- Elias Shams, MS ’96
- Howard Lee Tischler, MS'80; CEO, EverSafe
- Rachel Usdan, BS ’03, MS ’07
- L. William Varner, BS ’73; Board of Director Member, Novetta
- Louis Wagman, BS ’64
- David Wang, BS ’51
- Charles Watt, MEA ’73, D.Sc. ’86; Director, Watt Family Innovation Center
- Mr. Bradley Whittington, Friend; Director of Technology & Intelligence, Raytheon