The combined five-year Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree provides an opportunity for students to complete a conventional four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with one additional year of study to earn a Master of Science degree in Computer Engineering.
In addition to GW's guidelines for completing a dual bachelor's/master's degree, students must meet these academic requirements:
- The completion of any of the department’s Bachelor of Science curricula with the requirement that two (2) of the Technical Electives for a minimum total of six (6) credits be from among the Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering's (ECE) graduate course offerings. Per current practice, all undergraduate Technical Electives must be approved by the student’s academic advisor. It is explicitly noted here that these two Department of ECE graduate courses are double-counted towards the completion of the combined Bachelor of Science/Master of Science degree.
- The completion of an additional eight (8) graduate level courses for a total of twenty-four (24) credit hours. All graduate level courses must be approved by the student’s academic advisor.
- Students in the combined program will be provided with a greater opportunity to participate in research at the undergraduate stage and are encouraged (but not required) to do a Master of Science thesis.
- A minimum GPA of 3.4/4.0 is required for admission. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 by the end of their eighth semester to be able to continue with the combined program to the ninth semester.
- All students must consult with their academic advisors prior to applying to the program.
For more information, visit the website of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Combined Bachelor’s & Master's Programs
- B.S./M.S. Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Civil Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. Computer Science
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science/M.S. in Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Science/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S./M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering/M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- B.S. Systems Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- Academic Policies & Schedules