The combined five-year Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering provides an opportunity for students to complete a conventional four-year Bachelor of Science degree program with one additional year of study to earn a Master of Science degree.
In addition to GW's guidelines for completing a dual bachelor's/master's degree, students must meet these academic requirements:
- The completion of the Bachelor of Science curriculum with the requirement that two of the Technical Electives for a minimum total of six (6) credits be graduate courses. Per current practice, all undergraduate Technical Electives must be approved by the student’s academic advisor. It is explicitly noted here that these two graduate courses are double-counted towards the completion of the combined Bachelor of Science. and Master of Science degree.
- The completion of an additional eight (8) graduate level courses for a total of twenty-four (24) credit hours. All graduate level courses must be approved by the student’s academic advisor per current academic rules.
- All current Department, School and University Master of Science rules apply towards the aforementioned ten graduate level courses (30 credit hours) for the completion of the Master of Science portion of the degree.
- Students in the combined program will be provided with a greater opportunity to participate in research at the undergraduate stage and are encouraged (but not required) to do a master's thesis.
For more information on the combined bachelor's/master's degree in Biomedical Engineering, visit the Department of Biomedical Engineering.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Online Programs
- Combined Bachelor’s & Master's Programs
- B.S./M.S. Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Civil Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. Computer Science
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science/M.S. in Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Science/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S./M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering/M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- B.S. Systems Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S. Systems Engineering/M.S. Systems Engineering
- Academic Policies & Schedules