The combined five-year Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree provides an opportunity for students to complete a conventional four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with one additional year of study to earn a Master of Science degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. This is an accelerated program intended for full-time on-campus students.
In addition to GW's guidelines for completing a dual bachelor's/master's degree, students should follow these guidelines:
- Obtain a 3.4 GPA the end of the sixth semester of their undergraduate program.
- Apply for the program during the seventh semester.
- Take three 3-credit graduate level courses during the final two semesters of the undergraduate career. Two of the courses should apply toward completion of the bachelor's degree, while the remaining one course will end up as a supplemental course applied toward the master's degree.
- Successfully complete the Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Begin taking remaining graduate-level courses to complete the Master of Science degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. This can be completed in the following ways:
- Take eight 3-credit courses at the graduate level (total: 24 credit hours) + 6 credit hours of thesis research
- Take ten 3-credit courses at the graduate level (total: 30 credit hours)
For further information, please view the program description on the website of the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Combined Bachelor’s & Master's Programs
- B.S./M.S. Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Civil Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. Computer Science
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science/M.S. in Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Science/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S./M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering/M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- B.S. Systems Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- Academic Policies & Schedules