Administered through the Department of Computer Science, the five-year degree program in B.A./B.S. in Computer Science and M.S. degree in Cybersecurity in Computer Science offers GW undergraduate students to obtain a graduate degree in one academic year following successful completion of the bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
To complete the two degrees in five years, students must take two graduate level courses as part of their electives in the bachelor's program. Admission to the graduate portion of the program is highly selective and requires a minimum overall GPA of 3.4 and a minimum technical GPA of 3.3 (the technical GPA is the GPA of all the computer science courses). The fifth year of study, leading to the Master of Science, consists of eight courses selected from the graduate level courses. Students receive the Bachelor's degree after completing the fourth year, and the M.S. degree after the fifth year of course work. See the graduate section of this website for details on the graduate portion of the program.
Application Deadlines and Requirements:
- To be considered for admission, students (B.A. or B.S.) should have completed at least 9 credits of upper division courses that are required for the B.S. program (from courses like 3221, 3313, 3411, 3462).
- Transfer students (i.e., those who have transferred to GW from another college or university) must include their grades in computer science courses from their transfer institution on the application form. These grades will be included in computing their technical GPA.
- Working in consultation with their advisors, students may apply no earlier than their 5th semester (typically, the junior Fall semester) and no later than the first week of their 7th semester.
How to apply:
In order to apply for the combined bachelor’s/master’s program, students should complete an Application for Graduate Study and select the combined program option. More information and FAQs are available on the School of Engineering and Applied Science website.
Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions.
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Online Programs
- Combined Bachelor’s & Master's Programs
- B.S./M.S. Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Civil Engineering
- B.S./M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Computer Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. Computer Science
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science/M.S. in Cybersecurity in Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Science/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S./M.S. Electrical Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Computer Engineering
- B.S. Electrical Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S in Electrical Engineering/ M.S. in Telecommunications Engineering
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering/M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- B.S. Systems Engineering/M.S. Engineering Management
- B.S. Systems Engineering/M.S. Systems Engineering
- Summer High School Program
- Academic Policies & Schedules