Professor Timothy Wood's research studies how cloud computing platforms can be built from massive data centers containing thousands of servers and storage devices. He seeks to improve the performance, reliability, and energy efficiency of these large distributed systems by adding automation and intelligence at the operating system and virtualization layers.
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, 2011
- M.S., University of Massachusetts, 2009
- B.S., Rutgers University, 2005
- Computer science
- Software engineering and systems
- CloudNet: Dynamic Pooling of Cloud Resources by Live WAN Migration of Virtual Machines. T. Wood, K.K. Ramakrishnan, P. Shenoy, J. van der Merwe, J. Hwang, G. Liu, L. Chaufournier. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, August 2014.
- Cost-Aware Cloud Bursting for Enterprise Applications. Tian Guo, Upendra Sharma, Prashant Shenoy, Timothy Wood, Sambit Sahu. ACM Trans. Internet Technology, May 2014.
- Enterprise-Ready Virtual Cloud Pools: Vision, Opportunities, and Challenges. Timothy Wood, K. K. Ramakrishnan, Prashant Shenoy, Jacobus Van der Merwe. Oxford Computer Journal, June 2012.
- Modellus: Automated modeling of complex internet data center applications. Peter Desnoyers, Timothy Wood, Prashant Shenoy, Rahul Singh, Sangameshwar Patil, Harrick Vin. ACM Transactions on the Web, May 2012.
- Sandpiper: Black-Box and Gray-Box Resource Management For Virtual Machines. Timothy Wood, Prashant Shenoy, Arun Venkataramani, Mazin Yousif. Computer Networks: The International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking, December 2009.
- Memory Buddies: Exploiting Page Sharing for Smart Colocation in Virtualized Data Centers. Timothy Wood, Gabriel Tarasuk-Levin, Prashant Shenoy, Peter Desnoyers, Emmanuel Cecchet, Mark D. Corner. ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, 2009.
- Agile Dynamic Provisioning of Multi-tier Internet Applications. Bhuvan Urgaonkar, Prashant Shenoy, Abhishek Chandra, Pawan Goyal, Timothy Wood. ACM Transactions on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems (TAAS), 2008.