Solidworks is now available for download and installation on both university owned and personal computers.
How to Get Solidworks
Solidworks is already installed in the Computing Facility labs. If you need assistance using the software in our labs, please contact us for help.
An activation key is required to install Solidworks. To request an activation key, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the Solidworks Community Download Page
2. Check Yes for "I already have a Serial Number that starts with 9020"
3. For the version, select 2020-2021
4. Add your GW email address
6. Click "Request Download"
7. After downloading this, please contact GW IT to request the license key to activate the software.
How to Get Certified in Solidworks
SEAS is able to provide certification vouchers for Solidworks. The directions to apply are below:
- Go to http://www.solidworks.com/cswa and click on the “CSWA Provider Application” link.
- Complete the web application.
School Website URL
SolidWorks License Number
Contact Telephone Number
Your SolidWorks Reseller
Proposed Date to give the CSWA Exam
Proposed number of students to take the CSWA Exam
- This form is then reviewed by SolidWorks Education and SolidWorks Certification departments to validate the application (including the requirement of the school to be current with their subscription service)
- Upon approval, the Certification department will create an online testing account for the contact person, based on their email address, and issue a set number of complimentary CSWA exam credits. These credits must be converted to ‘vouchers’ by the contact person then individually distributed by the contact person to each student on test day. The contact person will receive an email from virtualtester.com indicating their login credentials.
- Please contact GW IT to receive voucher information for the exam portion.
Students also have free access to MySolidWorks. Here is how to sign up:
- Go to the registration page
- Choose "Create Account"
- Enter your GWU email address
- Make sure you select “I am not a SolidWorks customer or I do not have a SolidWorks Serial #” when signing up. Do not input the Student Access code until AFTER the account has been created
- After you have created the account, log in and enter the student access code.