Professor and Associate Department Chair for Graduate Studies
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Email: Can Korman
Office Phone: (202) 994-8323
SEH 5580 | Office hours: W: 3:30 – 6:00 pm
Professor Can Korman's research interests are in the areas of microelectronics, VLSI, magnetics, numerical modeling, and digital signal processing. Current research projects are in the areas of noise in semiconductor devices, micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) and magnetic aftereffect.
- B.S., University of Maryland at College Park, 1985
- M.S., University of Maryland at College Park, 1987
- Ph.D., University of Maryland at College Park,1990
- Microelectronics, VLSI systems, and MEMS/NEMS
- C. A. Brantner, M. Rasche, K. E. Burcham, J. Klingfus, J. E. Sanabia, C. E. Korman, and A. Popratiloff,“ A Reverse Engineering Approach for Imaging Spinal Cord Architecture – Large Area High-Resolution SEM Imaging,” Microscopy Today 2016.
- B. Zhang, Z. Li, C. E. Korman, and M. E. Zaghloul, “Rectangular CMOS Differential MAGFET Biosensor for Magnetic Particle Detection,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 49, No. 7, July 2013.
- B. Zhang, Q. Dong, C.E. Korman, Z.Y. Li and M.E. Zaghloul, "Flexible packaging of solid-state integrated circuit chips with elastomeric microfluidics," Scientific Reports (3) 1098, January 22, 2013.
- B. Zhang, C. E. Korman, and Mona E. Zaghloul, “Circular MAGFET Design and SNR Optimization for Magnetic Bead Detection,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 48, No. 11, pp. 3851-3854, November 2012.
- C. E. Korman and B. Noaman, " The Spatial Origin of Current Noise in Semiconductor Devices in the Framework of Semiclassical Transport," Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 54, pp. 1088-1093, 2010.
- F. Mohd Yasin, D. J. Nagel and C. E. Korman, " NOISE in MEMS," Measurement Science and Technology, 21, pp. 1-22, 2010.
- E. Della Torre, L. H. Bennett, and C. Korman, " Comparison of thermal aftereffect models for estimating the fluctuation field" , Physica B 403, 271-273 (2007).
- C. Korman, " A Discrete-Time Model for Binary Detection with Rectangular Hysteresis Operators," Physica B: Physics of Condensed Matter, Proceedings of the Hysteresis and Micromagnetics Workshop (HMM 2005), Volume 372, Issues 1-2, pp. 17-20, 1 February 2006.
- S. V. Melkonyan, F. Gasparyan, V. M. Aroutiounian and C. E. Korman, " Peculiarities of electron distribution function' s fluctuation damping in homogeneous semiconductors," Physica B: Physics of Condensed Matter, Vol. 357, N 3-4, 2005, pp. 398-407.
- C. Korman, " Dynamic Approximation of Rectangular Loops and Aftereffect," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 39, No. 5, p. 2540, September 2003.
- F. M. Yasin, C. E. Korman and D. J. Nagel, " Measurement of Noise Characteristics of MEMS Accelerometers" , Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 47, pp. 357-360, 2002.
- C. E. Korman, R. Barry and U. C. Kozat, " On Binary Detection with Hysteresis," SIAM Journal on. Applied Mathematics, Vol. 62, No. 5, pp. 1794-1809, 2002.
- C. E. Korman, " A Nonlinear Noise Filter Employing Hysteresis" , Physica B, vol. 306, Nos. 1-4, pp. 261-266, December 2001.
- C. E. Korman and E. Della Torre, " Definition of the Magnetic Ground State Using Preisach-Based Aftereffect Models," Physica B, 275, pp. 28-33, 2000.
- Chair, IEEE Magnetics Society, Washington & Northern Virginia Chapter, 2004-date.
- Member, Editorial Board of the IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2003-date.
- Member of the IEEE Electron Devices Society, IEEE Magnetics Society and the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society.