Professor Zhengtian Xu’s research focuses on mathematical modeling, optimization, and empirical operations management of urban transportation systems. His overarching research goal is to develop novel models, tools, and conduct data-driven quantitative analyses to understand, promote, and regulate emerging mobility services and vehicle technologies.
- B.S., Tsinghua University, 2014
- M.S., University of Florida, 2016
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 2020
- Xu, Z., Yin, Y., & Ye, J. (2020). On the supply curve of ride-hailing systems. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 132, 29-43.
- Xiao, F., Shen, M., Xu, Z., Li, R., Yang, H., & Yin, Y. (2019). Day-to-day flow dynamics for stochastic user equilibrium and a general Lyapunov function. Transportation Science, 53(3), 683-694.
- Zha, L., Yin, Y., & Xu, Z. (2018). Geometric matching and spatial pricing in ride-sourcing markets. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 92, 58-75.
- Xu, Z., Yin, Y., & Zha, L. (2017). Optimal parking provision for ride-sourcing services. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 105, 559-578.
- Chen, Z., Xu, Z., Zangui, M., & Yin, Y. (2016). Analysis of advanced management of curbside parking. Transportation Research Record, 2567(1), 57-66.
- On the empty miles of ride-sourcing services: theory, observation and countermeasures. Workshop on Emerging Mobility Systems: Theory and Data. University of Tokyo, Japan, January 2020. (Invited Talk)
- On the supply curve of ride-hailing systems. The 23rd International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT). Lausanne, Switzerland, July 2019.
- Analysis of advanced parking management of curbside parking. ITS Davis Seminar. University of California, Davis, March 2017. (Invited Talk)
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2019-2020
- Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 2017
- Ryuichi Kitamura Paper Award, Travel Analysis Methods Section, Transportation Research Board, 2016
- Stella Dafermos Best Paper Award, Transportation Network Modeling Committee, Transportation Research Board, 2016
- Reviewer for Transportation Research Record, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, European Journal of Operational Research, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology