Department: Civil and Environmental Engineering
Email: Zhengtian Xu
Office Phone: (202) 994-0532
SEH 3510 | Office Hours: M: 1:00 – 3:00 pm; R: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm; Virtual: By appointment
Professor Zhengtian Xu’s research focuses on mathematical modeling, optimization, and empirical operations management of urban transportation systems. His overarching research goal is to develop novel models, tools, and conduct data-driven quantitative analyses to understand, promote, and regulate emerging mobility services and vehicle technologies.
- B.S., Tsinghua University, 2014
- M.S., University of Florida, 2016
- Ph.D., University of Michigan, 2020
A full publication list is available on Google Scholar and ResearchGate.
- Xu, Z., Yin, Y., & Ye, J. (2020). On the supply curve of ride-hailing systems. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 132, 29-43.
- Xiao, F., Shen, M., Xu, Z., Li, R., Yang, H., & Yin, Y. (2019). Day-to-day flow dynamics for stochastic user equilibrium and a general Lyapunov function. Transportation Science, 53(3), 683-694.
- Zha, L., Yin, Y., & Xu, Z. (2018). Geometric matching and spatial pricing in ride-sourcing markets. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 92, 58-75.
- Xu, Z., Yin, Y., & Zha, L. (2017). Optimal parking provision for ride-sourcing services. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, 105, 559-578.
- Chen, Z., Xu, Z., Zangui, M., & Yin, Y. (2016). Analysis of advanced management of curbside parking. Transportation Research Record, 2567(1), 57-66.
- On the empty miles of ride-sourcing services: theory, observation and countermeasures. Workshop on Emerging Mobility Systems: Theory and Data. University of Tokyo, Japan, January 2020. (Invited Talk)
- On the supply curve of ride-hailing systems. The 23rd International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory (ISTTT). Lausanne, Switzerland, July 2019.
- Analysis of advanced parking management of curbside parking. ITS Davis Seminar. University of California, Davis, March 2017. (Invited Talk)
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship, University of Michigan, 2019-2020
- Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 2017
- Ryuichi Kitamura Paper Award, Travel Analysis Methods Section, Transportation Research Board, 2016
- Stella Dafermos Best Paper Award, Transportation Network Modeling Committee, Transportation Research Board, 2016
- Reviewer for Transportation Research Record, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, European Journal of Operational Research, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology