Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Email: Kie-Bum Eom
Office Phone: (202) 994-5904
Office hours: M: 3:00 – 3:45 pm
Professor Kie Eom's research interests include random field modeling, automatic target recognition, image restoration, and radar signal processing.
- B.S.E.E., Sogang University, Korea, 1976
- M.S.E.E., Korea Advanced Institute of Science, 1978
- M.S.Eng., University of Texas-Austin, 1983
- Ph.D., Purdue University, 1986
- Electrical engineering
- Signal and image processing, systems and controls
- P. Liu, H. Zhang and K. B. Eom, "Active Deep Learning for Classification of Hyperspectral Images," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 10 no. 2, pp. 712-724, 2017, DOI:10.1109/JSTARS.2016.2598859
- P. Liu, H. Zhang and K. B. Eom, Active Deep Learning for Classification of Hyperspectral Images, accepted for publication to IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 2016.
- K. B. Eom, “Radar Target Recognition,” Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, Published Online: 15 Sep. 2015, DOI: 10.1002/047134608X.W1129.pub2.
- Peng Liu and Kie B. Eom, “Compressive Sensing of Noisy Multispectral Images,” IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 11(11): 1931-1935, October 2014, DOI: 10.1019/LGRS.2014.2314177.
- Peng Liu and Kie B. Eom, “Restoration of multispectral images by total variation with auxiliary image,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, 51(7):873-882, January 2013, DOI: 10.1016/joptlaseng.2013.02.001.
- K. B. Eom, "Speckle Reduction in Ultrasound Images Using Nonisotropic Adaptive Filtering," Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, vol. 37, no. 10, pp.1677-1688, October 2011.
- K. B. Eom, "Anisotropic adaptive filtering for speckle reduction in synthetic aperture radar images," Optical Engineering, vol. 50, no. 5, May 2011.
- K. B. Eom, "Radar Target Recognition," a book chapter in Encyclopedia of RF and Micorwave Engineering, edited by Kai Chang, John Wiley and Sons, 2004, pp. 4165-4173.
- K. B. Eom, "Texture Segmentation Using Statistical Modeling Approach," (Invited) in Recent Progress in Pattern Recognition Research and Development, 2002.
- K. B. Eom, "Two-Dimensional Long-Correlation Models with Circular and Elliptical Correlation Structures," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 1047-1055, July 2001.
- K. B. Eom, "Generalized Circular Autoregressive Models for Modeling of Isotropic and Anisotropic Textures," Journal of Optical Society of America - Series A, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1822-1831, August 2001.
- K.B. Eom, "Synthesis of Color Textures for Multimedia Applications," Multimedia Tools and Applications, vol. 12, pp. 81-98, 2000.
- K.B. Eom, "Segmentation of Monochrome and Color Textures Using Moving Average Modeling Approach," Image and Vision Computing, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 231-242, March 1999.
- K.B. Eom, "Fuzzy Self-Organizing Neural Network Approach in Sea Ice Clustering," Neurocomputing Journal, vol. 25, no. 1-3, pp. 249-166, April 1999.
- K.B. Eom, "Unsupervised Segmentation of Spaceborne Passive Radar Images," Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 485-494, May 1999.
- K.B. Eom, "Time-Varying Autoregressive Model for Non-Cooperative Target Classification of High Range Resolution Radar Signatures," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 974-988, July 1999.
- K.B. Eom, "Nonstationsary Autoregressive Contour Modeling Approach for Planar Shape Analysis," Optical Engineering, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1826-1835, November 1999.
- K.B. Eom, "Analysis of Acoustic Signatures from Moving Vehicles Using Time-Varying Autoregressive Models," Multidimensional Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 357-378, October 1999.
- K.B. Eom, "Shape Recognition Using Spectral Features," Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 189-195, February 1998.
- K.B. Eom, "2D moving average models for texture synthesis and analysis," IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 1741-1746, December 1998
- R. Chellappa, Q. Zhang, C. Shekhar, P. Burlina, and K. Eom, "On the positioning of multisensor imagery for exploitation and target recognition," Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 120-138, January 1997.
- K.B. Eom and R. Chellappa, "Non-cooperative target classification using hierarchical modeling of high range resolution radar signatures," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 2318-2327, September 1997.