Graduation Information for SEAS Students (this page was updated on March 21)
Congratulations to all 2019 soon-to-be graduates! The faculty and staff of the GW School of Engineering and Applied Science are proud of your hard work and accomplishments!
To make your graduation day go smoothly, please read the following information carefully!
- Apply to graduate. If you missed the deadline, you must submit a Late Application Form (PDF)
- Complete the mandatory online graduation survey in order to get your tickets (no exceptions). Survey date TBD.
- After completing the survey, you can pick up tickets starting April 22, 2019 in SEH 2500 or through your off-campus coordinator.
- Order your cap and gown. Please see Grad Fair information below.
- UPDATED: Thursday, May 16 - there will be a separate SEAS Doctoral Hooding Ceremony (graduating SEAS doctoral students and their guests only) at 1:30 pm in Lisner Auditorium (730 21st St NW). Graduates report in their caps and gowns to the Lisner Auditorium basement at 12:30 pm for line-up. Dress lightly underneath your gown to be more comfortable. Tickets needed for guests only. Tickets will be distributed electronically (doctoral hooding tickets only). Details coming soon!
- Friday, May 17 SEAS Celebration Events:
- 4 pm SEAS Celebration Buffet Reception - on the main floors of the Science Engineering Hall (800 22nd Street NW). All graduates should be in their caps and gowns. Dress lightly underneath your gown to be more comfortable. No tickets are needed for the reception itself.
- Graduates (undergraduate and master’s students only) report to Funger Hall (2201 G Street NW) at 5:45 pm for the graduate line-up. Please don’t be late!
- 7 pm SEAS Celebration (graduation ceremony for undergraduate, certificate, and master’s students only) starts at 7:00 pm at the Charles E. Smith Center. Tickets needed for guests only. Graduates will proceed into the ceremony from Funger Hall and must remain until the end of the ceremony which concludes approximately at 9 pm.
- Sunday, May 19 – The university-wide GW Commencement opens at 9:00 am on the National Mall (tickets needed for guests only). All graduates (doctoral, master’s, undergraduates) must be in caps and gowns. Graduates will line-up at 8:30 am with the procession starting at 9:30 am. Guests might want to bring sunglasses!
Complete online graduation survey
Beginning late in March, graduates will be able to complete the mandatory online graduation survey. Hearing your thoughts and opinions will help GW know how to improve for future generations. You must complete the mandatory online graduation survey before claiming tickets. Graduates will need to present a copy of their email confirmation and valid GWorld card to claim their tickets.
March 21, 22, 23: 2019 Grad Fair at the GW Campus Store!
The 2019 Grad Fair is an opportunity for the Class of 2019 to pick-up, purchase and/or pre-order regalia (caps and gowns), Commencement-related products, and GW mementos.
Please check this webpage for future updates! Thank you!