Full Professor, George Washington University, Sep. 2008 - present.
SEAS Interim Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Admissions, July 2015 - Aug. 2016
Interim Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Aug. 2014 - July 2015
Visiting Scientist, MIT, Feb. 2014 - Aug. 2014.
Associate Professor, George Washington University, Sep. 2003 - Aug. 2008
Visiting Scientist, University of Maryland (College Park), Sep. 2003 - June 2004
Assistant Professor, George Washington University, Sep. 1997 - Aug. 2003
Summer Staff Member, MIT Lincoln Lab , June 1996 - Aug. 1996
R&D Hardware Engineer, HCL Ltd. (India) , Sep. 1988 - Aug. 1990
- Aug. 2016: Awarded an NSF grant on WDM-based data center networks
- June 2016: Gave a short course on data center networking at IEEE ComSoc summer school in Trento, Italy
- March 2016: My doctoral student Farshad Ahdi successfully defended his dissertation
- June 2015: Invited to chair the TPC of the Optical Networks Symposium (ONS) at Globecom 2016
- May 2015: Joined Steering Committee of IEEE LANMAN Workshop
- May 2015: Appointed Associate Editor of IEEE/OSA J. Optical Communications and Networks
- November 24, 2014: Elevated to the grade of IEEE Fellow (Class of 2015). An article on this from my alma mater University of Washington is here.
- July 2014: Serving as General Co-Chair for IEEE LANMAN 2015
- Spring/Summer 2014: During my sabbatical, I was visiting EECS/RLE at MIT
- May 2014: Served as TPC Co-Chair for IEEE LANMAN 2014
- March 31, 2014: My doctoral student Juzi Zhao successfully defended her dissertation
- Jan. 2014: Received an NSF grant on optical networks
- Dec. 2013: Concluded two-year term as Chair of the IEEE ComSoc Optical Networking Technical Committee
- Dec. 2013: Concluded six-year term as Associate Editor of IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
- Sep. 2013: Received an NSF grant on cloud computing reliability
- Sep. 2013: Received a GW STEM education grant from NSF
- Our book "Cross-layer design in optical networks" co-edited by me and others was published by Springer in March 2013. The book is also available on Amazon.