- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
801 22nd Street, NW
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Computational and applied electromagnetics/optics,
- Plasmonics, nano-optics, nano-photonics and nanotechnology,
- Optical devices, metamaterials and plasmonic nanomaterials,
- Miniaturized RF antennas and optical nanoantennas,
- Electromagnetic and photonic crystals,
- Optical properties, biological and biomedical applications of plasmonic nanoparticles,
- Metal-dielectric nanocomposites and thin metal films.
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC, 2006
M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, MA 2003
B.S., Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bilkent University, Turkey 2001
- E. Simsek and S. Akturk, "Plasmonic Enhancement during Femtosecond Laser Drilling of sub- Wavelength Holes in Metals," Plasmonics, vol. 6, no. 4, 767-772 (2011).
- E. Simsek, "Full Analytical Model for Surface Plasmon Coupling in Periodic Metallic Nanoparticle Structures Embedded in Layered Media," Optics Express, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 1722-1733, January 2010.
- E. Simsek, "On the Surface Plasmon Resonance Modes of Nanoparticle Chains and Arrays," Plasmonics, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 223-230, September 2009.
- K. B. Crozier, E. Togan, E. Simsek, and T. Yang, "Experimental Measurement of the Dispersion Relations of the Surface Plasmon Modes of Metal Nanoparticle Chains," Opt. Express, 15, 17482-17493, 2007.
- E. Simsek, J. Liu, and Q. H. Liu, "A Spectral Integral Method and Hybrid SIM/FEM for Layered Media," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 3878-3884, Nov. 2006.
- E. Simsek, J. Liu, and Q. H. Liu, "A Spectral Integral Method (SIM) for Layered Media," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, issue 6, pp. 1742-1749, June 2006.
- E. Simsek, Q. H. Liu, and B. Wei, "Singularity subtraction for evaluation of Green's functions for multilayer media," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 216-225, Jan. 2006.
- TUBITAK International Publication Award, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
- TUBITAK 7th Framework Participation Promotion Award, 2009.
- Duke University Conference Travel Fellowship, 2006.
- Research Assistantship awarded by Duke University, 2003-2006.
- Teaching Assistantship awarded by University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, 2001-2003.
- Full scholarship awarded by Bilkent University, 1996-2001.
- Ranked 5th in Nation-wide Student Selection Examination among 1.5 million students, 1996.
- Full Scholarship awarded by the Turkish Government for undergraduate study abroad, 1996.