- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
In the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, faculty and students conduct research that runs the gamut from traditional mechanical and aerospace engineering to emerging areas in biomedical engineering, nanotechnology, and mechatronics and robotics.
Undergraduate Programs & Degrees
The Department offers a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering (accredited by ABET), and students may elect to study one of the following options: aerospace engineering, biomechanical engineering, medical preparation, patent law, or robotics.
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Graduate Certificate Program in Computer-Integrated Design
- Graduate Certificate Program in Energy
- Aerospace engineering
- Biomedical engineering
- Design and manufacturing of mechanical and aerospace systems
- Fluid mechanics, thermal science, and energy
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechatronics, robotics, and controls
- Solid mechanics and materials science
- Tissue engineering and biomaterials
Visit the Department Website
Please visit the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering website to find more inforrmation.